We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Vhf Scanner of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Vhf Scanner of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,073 Reviews Scanned
- Listen in and stay informed, this sophisticated scanner has 500 alpha-tagged channels in a convenient compact design with loads of features. Close Call RF capture technology instantly tunes to signals from nearby transmitters and the Do Not Disturb Mode prevents Close Call checks during a transmission.
- Listen to Over 40,000 Frequencies, you can listen to both civilian and military bands, including Police, Ambulance, Fire, Weather, Marine, Aircraft, Railroad, Civil Air, Amateur radio services, and Racing events.
- Search More Efficiently with 500 Alpha-Tagged Channels Finding the channel you want to listen to is easy, with 500 channels divided into 10 storage banks. Organize your channels by department, location, area of interest, or any other way you prefer. Alpha Tagging lets you assign names to your channels, so you can keep track of who you are listening to.
- Lightweight, Portable Design, take this Bearcat handheld radio scanner with you on the road, or on outings. It packs plenty of features, the orange backlight display is easy to read, even in low light conditions.
- Get started listening right away with convenient Pre-sets for the most popular searches. Frequencies are preset in ten separate Police, Fire/Emergency, Ham, Marine, Railroad, Civil Air, Military Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS/MURS, and Racing search bands. This makes it easy to find channels that interest you.
- Menu Driven Programming with Context Sensitive Help - Each menu item provides a few lines of help text that provide assistance with programming and using the scanner
- Scan List-functionality allows you to arrange, group and scan objects according to your preference. Memory Backup - Frequencies remain stored in memory for an extended time even without batteries.
- Free-Form Memory Organization - Allocation of memory dynamically and efficiently as it is needed. This differs from low cost and older scanners that had memory organized in rigid and wasteful memory banks
- Skywarn Storm Spotter Function - Instant access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks. Multi-System Trunking. Tune - Find new and unlisted frequencies starting from a specified frequency
- Digital AGC - Instantly compensates for low user audio levels that are common on digital systems
- The Uniden Bearcat BC355N Mobile/Base Scanner is one of the most feature packed, user-friendly, entry level scanners available today. It can pick up analog receptions including 6 Service banks for monitoring Police, Fire, Emergency Medical Services, Marine, Air, Weather, and CB frequencies.
- The BC355N features “Close Call RF Capture Technology,” which instantly tunes to signals from nearby transmitters. This pre-programmed search makes it easier to find active frequencies and helps you stay on top of local happenings and emergencies in your area. 100 ch/sec Scan Speed (max)
- You can save up to 300 frequencies that are scanned along with the preset frequencies. So whenever you encounter a newly activated local frequency for any service category, you can add it to the bank for that category. This gives you quick access to the frequencies you want to hear.
- The BC355N comes complete with a backlit display, making it easier to read in low light conditions, along with AC adapter, a DC power cable and an automotive power outlet plug, giving you more options for supplying power at home or in your car. Frequency range for aircraft band is AM mode 8.33 STEP (kHz) at 108.0000, 136.9916(Lower and Upper)
- If you’re looking for an affordable way to jump into the world of scanners, the BC355N may be the right choice for you. (Please note: model BC355N is not suitable for trunking or digital radio system monitoring. If you live in an area where trunking or digital radio systems are used, you need to upgrade to a Uniden Digital model (“D” stands for Digital), such as models BCD996P2, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BCD325P2, or HomePatrol-2.
- Lock-out Function - skip over specified channels or frequencies when scanning or searching
- Tune - find new and unlisted frequencies starting from a specified frequency,200 Channel memory - plenty of memory to store all your favorite frequencies in 10 separate storage banks
- Scan Delay - delays scanning for two seconds before moving to another channel in order to hear replies
- Priority Channel - set the scanner to check one channel every two seconds while scanning
- PC programmable - allows users to backup data, update database and program scanner directly from a PC
- Mobile BearTracker scanner with 9,000 Channels, advanced dynamic memory system, close call RF capture technology, and more. Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- TrunkTracker III technology lets you can keep up with the action on Motorola, EDACS and LTR systems. Individual channel volume offset. Alpha Tagging
- Location-Based scanning automatically selects programmed systems based on your location when connected to a compatible GPS receiver
- State-by-state preprogrammed channels for local police, DOT, and Highway Patrol frequencies when you travel, without having to program
- 100 system Quick Keys with 10-channel group Quick Keys per system; system/channel number tagging for rapid access.Continuous Band Coverage* - 25MHz to 1.3GHz Excluding UHF TV and Cellular
- Uniden's BCD996P2 Digital Base/Mobile Scanner is a full-featured design with the serious hobbyist in mind. With an advanced digital decoding system and large memory bank, the Bearcat BCD996P2 scanner is an extremely powerful and useful Public Safety scanner.
- The BCD996P2 comes equipped with Uniden exclusive features like Advanced Dynamic Memory System, Close Call RF Capture Technology, and GPS compatibility. It includes support for digital systems, including the latest APCO Project 25 Phase II systems.
- Stay safe and informed with state of the art NOAA weather access and S.A.M.E. weather alerts that warn you of severe conditions in your area.
- This mobile scanner radio offers 25,000 channels an advanced dynamic memory system, TrunkTracker V technology, and more. Enjoy location-based scanning and location alerts by connecting the BCD996P2 to an optional GPS receiver so you can stay informed when you’re on the go.
- Included in the Box: BCD996P2 Scanner, AC Power Adapter, Vehicle Accessory Power Cord, Three-Wire Harness, Mounting Bracket and Hardware, Antenna, Owner’s Manual, APP Form, FREQ Form, other printed materials, and USB Cable.
- The BearTracker 885 does what no other CB Radio can do: It can keep you up-to-date with current public safety activity in US and Canada by scanning for Police, Fire, Ambulance, and/or DOT radio traffic.
- BearTracker Warning System, Alerts you when nearby public safety transmissions are detected. Included GPS allows you to automatically select nearby channels from its nationwide database.
- Full-featured CB Radio with 40-channel CB operation, 4-Watt RF power, a 7-color display, a SWR meter for precision antenna tuning, RF Gain, Mic Gain, PA mode, Talkback, and NOAA Weather with Alerts.
- The Scanner feature operates alongside the CB radio features, there is no switching back and forth between modes; just press a button and you’re listening to Police, Fire department, etc. , while standard CB channels are active.
- The ergonomic noise cancelling microphone is designed to enhance your transmissions, even in the noise environment of a tractor-trailer cab.
- Upgrades from our Previous Generation UV-5R: Twice the Output Power (8 watts up from 4 watts output), New Hardened Durable Radio Shell, 30% Larger Battery, V-85 High Gain Antenna (Twice the Antenna Performance), USA Support + In-depth User Guide Included; A PC03 FTDI Programming Cable is Recommended for Easier PC Programming
- High / Med / Low Power Settings (8W, 4W, 1W); Frequency Range: 65-108 MHz(Only commercial FM radio reception) VHF: 136-174 MHz(Rx/Tx). UHF: 400-520 MHz(Rx/Tx); Broad (Wide) / Narrowband (Narrow) Selectable
- The BF-F8HP was designed in the USA and because not everyone is a radio-expert we really wanted to focus on providing an easier user experience! That starts with the new in-depth manual that guides you through the capabilities and customization of the BF-F8HP. On top of that the BF-F8HP also includes exclusive concierge customer help and warranty support. This concierge service is only available on select BaoFeng models such as the BF-F8HP, UV-82HP, and UV-5X3
- Kit Includes: BF-F8HP, 2100mAh Battery, V-85 Dual Band Antenna, CH-5 Charger, CH-5 110V Adapter, Earpiece Kit, Wrist Strap, Belt Clip, User Manual
- BTECH is proud to be in the USA, which allows you to have the best available local support for any issue that may arise. BTECH only engineers and develops radio products. That brand focus allows you to have the best available radios and accessories with the most features, with real USA warranty and support.
- True I/Q Receiver, Trunk Tracker X
- Direct Ethernet Connectivity for Streaming and Control
- Complete USA/Canada Radio Database
- Location Control for Simple Operation
- 3. 5" Customizable Color Display
- The Uniden HomePatrol-2 is one of the most popular Digital Police scanners on the market. This model lets you quickly hear communications systems used by Public Safety, Police, Fire, Ambulance, Aircraft, Military, Weather, and more.
- Simply enter your zip code and Home Patrol-2 does the rest. Whether it is across town or across the street, HomePatrol-2 keeps you informed.
- Digital Capable, receives all unencrypted, non-proprietary radio systems including APCO-25 Phase I and Phase II digital, Motorola, EDACS, LTR, conventional analog and P25 digital channels. Covers USA and Canada. Optional GPS receiver also available.
- Included In The Box: HomePatrol-2 Scanner, Flex Antenna, Desk Stand, USB Cable, 4 x AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries, SMA to BNC Adapter.
- Please note: an AC or DC power adapter is NOT included. To power the unit and/or charge the NiMH batteries, it comes with a USB cable. Please use this cable to connect your HomePatrol‐2 to a standard Smart Phone USB Power Adapter (not included), or connect it to your computer’s USB Port with DC5V power output (not included).
Top Rated Vhf Scanner to Buy Now
Vhf Scanner Reviews on Twitter
[custom-twitter-feeds search=”Vhf Scanner”]
Why You Should Buy Best Vhf Scanner from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Vhf Scanner. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Vhf Scanner from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Vhf Scanner Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Vhf Scanner based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Vhf Scanner that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Vhf Scanner to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Vhf Scanner with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Vhf Scanner, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Vhf Scanner Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Vhf Scanner have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Vhf Scanner descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Vhf Scanner. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Vhf Scanner (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Vhf Scanner are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Vhf Scanner:
(1) Vhf Scanner Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Vhf Scanner should be in line with its value. You can compare Vhf Scanner reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Vhf Scanner is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Vhf Scanner materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Vhf Scanner to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Vhf Scanners come in various sizes. Do you need a large Vhf Scanneror a small one? Think about where you will use your Vhf Scanner in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Vhf Scanners also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Vhf Scanner would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Vhf Scanner will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Vhf Scanner you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Vhf Scanner? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Vhf Scannerto make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Vhf Scanner will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Vhf Scanner. It is hard to know exactly how an Vhf Scanner will perform until you get it home and try it out.
Make sure the Vhf Scanner you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.