We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Tone Tester of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Tone Tester of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,421 Reviews Scanned
- Professional Wire Tracker. It can help you quickly find the target line in many pairs. It is suitable for tracking RJ45 internet cable, RJ11 telephone line and other metal wire in low electricity. Please note that it can not be used to track wires with high electricity ( maximum currents for emitter and receiver are 10mA and 30mA respectively, and maximum voltage is 10V ). Besides, you may need two 9V laminated cells, which are NOT included in the packaging of this item.
- Network Cables Verifying. Plug one side of the cable into the emitter and the other side into the receiver. Select "Network" to check and verify whether the network cables are good or not. No need of network tester.
- Wire Tracking. It can trace not only Ethernet LAN wires, but also electrical and speaker wires when connecting to the alligator clip. In this situation, the wires must be in power-off status, otherwise the units will be damaged. It is recommended to stripe down some of the wires when connecting through the clip. Select "SCAN". Emitter works properly if the "SCAN" indicator is on. Use the receiver to find target wires. No need of multi-testers.
- Telephone Line Test. The work of the telephone line of the detection of various states, only the transmitter can be detected, such as determining TIP or PING line, to determine the work of the telephone line idle, ringing and off-hook state.
- Additional Earphone & Equipped Lamp. In a noisy environment, you can put on the earphones to accurately find the target cable through comparing the strength of "beep beep" sound. Adjust the volume knob to make the volume proper and avoid being interfered. At night or in a dark environment, you can turn on the illuminating lamp, which can be helpful during operating.
- Tone and trace wire on non active networks; SmartTone technology provides 5 distinct tones for exact pair identification; Battery: 9 volt alkaline
- Sends a loud tone up to 16 kilometer (10 miles) in most cables and provides 5 distinct cadences for isolating individual wire pairs
- Precise SmartTone technology provides five distinct tones for exact pair identification, replaceable tip
- Pro3000 unfiltered probe with ergonomic sleek design, loud speaker is audible in noisy locations, 3.5 millimeter headphone jack
- Push button switch selects Solid, Alt and Off
- ▲WIRE TRACING MULTIFUNCTION - Fast to locate the breakpoint without wire's cover damage, Find wire on all types of connected operating Ethernet switch /Router/PC terminal. Perfect for tracking RJ11, RJ45, cables or other metal wire (via adapter)；And also with the Battery（10V-110V） positive and negative measurements function.
- ▲WIRE TRACKER - The Line Finder can trace not only Ethernet LAN wires, but also electrical and speaker wires when connecting to the alligator clip; In this situation, the wires must be in power-off status, otherwise the units will be damaged; It is recommended to stripe down some of the wires when connecting through the clip; Select "SCAN"; Emitter works properly if the "SCAN" indicator is on; Use the receiver to find target wires.
- ▲NETWORK & TELEPHONE LINE TEST - The Line Finder testes physical connection status of network cable, such as open circuit, short connection, miswire and reverse connection; Use the emitter to test the status of working of telephone lines (such as judging TIP or RING line), test the line level, positive and negative polarity detection; Adjust the volume of receiver by pressing the volume rotary knob.
- ▲EARPHONES DESIGN - With a pair of Earphone, you can just connect the earphone to the headset jack of receive to get clear information in a noise environment, Adjust the volume knob to make the volume proper and avoid being interfered. Notice that if the sound is low, you should check whether the battery is powered off or not, and the LED flashlight allows operation in dark situation.
- ▲24-Month Warranty and You Will Get: 1x Emitter with double RJ11 RJ45 interface, 1x Receiver with BNC interface,1x Pair of Earphone ,1x RJ11 Clip Adapter Cable,1x RJ45 Cable,1x Storage Box,1x English User Manual , Battery Not Included.
- IntelliTone digital toning eliminates noise and false signals
- SmartTone analog toning precisely isolates individual wire pairs
- Locates cables safely and effectively on active networks
- Verifies twisted pair installation with visual end to end continuity test
- Probe detects digital signal and 1 kilo hertz signal from the analog toner
- FIND WIRES QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY - Detect wires in a range of applications including buried wires, single strand, broken wires, etc. Not meant for live electrical wires. Suitable for Electrical wires, Landlines, Coaxial cables, Automotive cables etc...
- "TRACE THROUGH OBSTACLES - Thanks to the Tone signal, you can track your cable through ceilings, under floors, inside walls, etc quickly without taking the risk of not knowing exactly where your wires are located (Use only one alligator clip in Tone Mode) "
- DETECTS SHORT/OPEN CIRCUIT/ TELEPHONE LINE - Thanks to the CONT mode, you can check for short and open circuits, and the RJ11 connector lets you test telephone systems easily (Use both Alligator clips in Continued Mode)
- ADJUSTABLE SENSITIVITY - The variable sensitivity dial allows you to identify a single wire when multiple wires are routed in close proximity, ensuring precision and safety while avoiding false detection
- NO RISK - One-year warranty and friendly customer service from seller TrueToSource!
- Trace wire paths and identify cables in all common wiring systems
- Diagnose common problems in telephone, data, and security wiring
- Check for open or shorted wire pairs and confirm the presence of telephone service
- Simple operation with audible and visual tone signal indication; provides two distinct tone signatures and LED tone proximity indicator illumination
- Includes tracing probe, tone generator, modular plug, alligator test leads, RJ1145, socket adapter, and nylon carrying pouch
- ▲ MULTIFUNCTION WIRE TRACING - Fast to locate the breakpoint without wire's cover damage, find the required line among numerous ones, perfect for tracking RJ11, RJ45, cables or other metal wire (via adapter)；And also with the Battery（10V-110V） positive and negative measurements function
- ▲NETWORK & TELEPHONE LINE TEST - The Line Finder testes physical connection status of network cable, such as open circuit, short connection, miswire and reverse connection; Use the emitter to test the status of working of telephone lines (such as judging TIP or RING line), test the line level, positive and negative polarity detection; Adjust the volume of receiver by pressing the volume rotary knob
- ▲WIRE TRACKER - The Line Finder can trace not only Ethernet LAN wires, but also electrical and speaker wires when connecting to the alligator clip; In this situation, the wires must be in power-off status, otherwise the units will be damaged; It is recommended to stripe down some of the wires when connecting through the clip; Select "SCAN"; Emitter works properly if the "SCAN" indicator is on; Use the receiver to find target wires
- ▲EARPHONES DESIGN&TWO LED Light - With a pair of Earphone, you can just connect the earphone to the headset jack of receive to get clear information in a noise environment; Notice that if the sound is low, you should check whether the battery is powered off or not, and the LED flashlight allows operation in dark situation
- ▲PACKAGE CONTENT - TACKLIFE CT03 Wire Tracker Emitter, TACKLIFE Wire Tracker Receiver, RJ45 Adapter Cable, Crocodile Adapter Cable, 9V Batteries, Earphone, Black Case, English User's Manual, 24-Month Service Card.✚FREEBIE:A free high-quality cloth bag
- Live circuit tracing kit for both 120VAC and 220VAC circuits (250VAC max)
- The versatile Fox HotWire can generate multiple tones (Pulse or Warble), provides a visual and audible continuity test, and integrates Triplett's own TrueTrace and TripLatch tests
- The Hound HotWire is a battery operated handheld lightweight Probe; containing both a thumbwheel sensitivity control and signal strength indicator LED
- Locate wires through drywall, plaster, wood, cement, etc.
- Locate buried wires up to 6" and trace wires up to 1000 feet in length
- Application: wire-tracer is a must-have Tester for audio/video Installer and data COM technicians
- Design: adaptor plugs include: RJ-45, RJ-11, Coax, automotive fuse blade and insulated Clamps
- Design: adjustable sensitivity and positively identifies a single wire when multiple wires are routed in close proximity
- Design: operates from (2) AAA batteries for the transmitter and (4) LR44 batteries for the receiver (included)
- Features: audible and visual indication and an auto-shutoff after 45 minutes
- Tone Generator and Speaker Polarity Tester
- Perfect for safely troubleshooting and testing audio systems
- Output range of 0-8 volts at a variable 13 to 10,000Hz tone
- 9V Speaker popper for visually testing speaker connection polarity
- Includes RCA and alligator clips for connection
Top Rated Tone Tester to Buy Now
Tone Tester Reviews on Twitter
[custom-twitter-feeds search=”Tone Tester”]
Why You Should Buy Best Tone Tester from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Tone Tester. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Tone Tester from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Tone Tester Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Tone Tester based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Tone Tester that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Tone Tester to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Tone Tester with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Tone Tester, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Tone Tester Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Tone Tester have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Tone Tester descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Tone Tester. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Tone Tester (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Tone Tester are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Tone Tester:
(1) Tone Tester Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Tone Tester should be in line with its value. You can compare Tone Tester reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Tone Tester is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Tone Tester materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Tone Tester to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Tone Testers come in various sizes. Do you need a large Tone Testeror a small one? Think about where you will use your Tone Tester in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Tone Testers also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Tone Tester would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Tone Tester will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Tone Tester you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Tone Tester? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Tone Testerto make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Tone Tester will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Tone Tester. It is hard to know exactly how an Tone Tester will perform until you get it home and try it out.
Make sure the Tone Tester you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.